Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Copycats

So my bestfriend sister ask me if i knew any new songs ...generically speaking i say no ...



But honestly ....if you open my head ...
you'll see the list of most extensive research on music today...
Why you might ask ...
this might sound crazy...but i really like reading articles on my spare time
mostly of them are album reviews and singles reviews by critics (rolling stone , observer) 
One of my dream someday ...if i can't be a songwriter...i wanna be a critic ...


Sure im not gramatically articulate ...
and sure i don't know half of what i really read most of the times,
But i honestly believe one of the traits i love myself is "Honesty" 
And whatever i say...i stand by it ...I'll honestly write it on my own grave if i must.

Maybe that's the reason i remake my blog ...
so i can give it more of an honest perception of what is on my mind...


And honestly i am really sad of what is happening with my country...
I don't know why but i think our local television,media and music are very generic,


I don't know ....
when you turn to both abs cbn and gma ...
it's the same old love story...
about a rich one and a poor on and a overly dramatic family ....
and ends with a happy wedding,


The problem of our country is not we don't have love ...
We have so much loves look at our teens ...they can build a 20 season of mtv's teen mom
What about the real sides of our country...the prostitutes...the drugs...
Why does no one dares to write about our real problem!
and when you try to listen to "OPM" whatever that is ...
it's just three things .... 


-Shouting band
-people doing acoustic songs
-people covering famous songs

And don't get me started how everyone gives hype to Jessica Sanchez ...
Because apparently ...it's nationalism and jessica won't win unless we people power our shit to america.


I honestly don't want to rant about that...
if you want a logical rant about that ...here's an article.
Bottom line...
Spreading stuff on how everyone should vote jessica coz she's a filipino 
is honestly stupid...and racist....and unfair to the other contestant competing...


it's basically saying the show is titled "america's next top filipino".
Sure jessica was great...but if she really was great...
why don't you let her win your vote instead of voting for her to instantly win ? 
It is a competition...not charity.


That's why whenever i see something in our news ...
It's how he/she is so good at copying this and that 
not how he/she is so good at being an original...
honestly if gary v die (no offense...knocks on wood)
 i think i'll remember him on how he's so good on copying michael jackson


I'm not being anti-patriotic or anti filipino...
I'm just scared...knowing that anytime china can fire a nuclear bomb at us 
due to the feud about claiming each other's island

My Point ? .

No one will save us...There is no Darna...No Captain Barbell...
No Manny pacquaio on a cape not anyone but ourselves...
the point in all of this is ...

stop finding heroes...BE YOUR OWN HERO
stop finding people to imitate and idolize ...BE YOUR OWN IDOL 
stop riding the bandwagon and biting the next "hype" there is ...BE AN ORIGINAL



We are all heroes...
We are all Special ...
We are all filipinos.
Not because you hate a filipino doesn't mean you're racist ...
It just means you have a thing called "Standards" ...



Standards is saying no to money when someone is buying your vote...
Standards is knowing a picture of you with a starbucks or a magnum is social suicide..
Standards is when you dream of being successful without marrying a foreigner...

And honestly...the best critics out there is ourselves.

So Hi...
My name is Meowfie...
I have standards...
I live by it...I will die by it ...
And In a world full of copycat...I'm proud to be the an original cat.


♥Meow










1 comment:

  1. i agree stories are always the same
    and copy cats really do exist here

    ReplyDelete